12.31.2014

New Years Eve: The Party!

As soon as Enrico is able to escape from Tecla's party, he manages to invite himself at Odette&Carlo's!
They gathered quite a bunch of friends to celebrate New Year's Eve, and they are throwing an amazing Party!




Odette loves to play the hostess in her Poppy Parker's pink dress, and Carlo is wearing a new outfit from my "tartan craze" collection (that I'll show you sometime soon!)




during the last year  something funny was going on in the doll's closets, so let me introduce you some "new" couples:

Giacomo & Berenice - they are the bon-ton couple around here, clean cut and well behaved, they do nothing, they just look cute


Bartolomeo & Agata - a bit of an odd couple: she's a Chanel crazy girl and he is a painter


Orso Maria & Camilla - it's a long story but you'll find out soon enough (they met on the set of a photosession)




Goffredo & Ofelia - well, they are our resident Nick&Nora (from the Thin Man movies) and they are beautiful, funny and the soul of the party....at least as long as martinis are around!



let's have a look around and let me introduce you the other guests, here  Veronica and Vittoria  are trying to get Nicola's attention


while the Dude is telling Sebastiano about his latest perfect game at bowling (but they are going to join the  others) - Sebastiano is wearing another outfit from the "tartan craze collection"


All the evening dresses are inspired by Myrna Loy's fashions from the 30's.  I'm going to post pictures of the original dresses along with my rendition in the next weeks!

Enrico is drawn to the beautiful Giovanna, he already met her duringh the "readhed connection" photosession



the centerpiece of the diorama is the new hearth room: I made the sofa with a desk bookshelf (and liend sponges)  and I found this lovely box shaped as a stump which makes a perfect coffee table, the ottomans are lined sponges too....


all the beautiful food and drink miniatures are by the wonderful Dawn Anderson at One Sixth Sense


The Dude gets bored and entertains the girls, Goffredo keeps an eye on Ofelia





The party is a success, Odette and Carlo have a little moment for themselves


All the girls and boys at Billa's Dolls and Fashions wishes you a Happy New Year. Thanks a lot for reading us during 2014, we have great plans for 2015!!!









20 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Billa! May 2015 be full of joy, happiness, prosperity and good health for you and yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindi, Happy New Year to you too!
      Kisses Billa

      Delete
  2. What a lovely party! You have some really handsome men there and very nice couples. Have a wonderful New Year, Billa and look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phyllis! A Happy New Year to you too!
      Kisses Billa

      Delete
  3. The party is hoping! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous party! Everybody looks beautiful, and great diorama! Enrico looks much happier now lol! Big New Year's hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I put all the dolls in place I realized how crammed the diorama was, but it was too late, anyway I promised Enrico a "happy ending"....LOL
      A Big New Year kiss!

      Delete
  5. Hi, besutiful dolls. Pretty diorama.
    Bonito 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, a very Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  6. OMG, I can't believe you posted twice in the same day!!! This is REALLY impressive!!! You have certainly been quite busy!!!! I'm ready to jump right into that party. They all look like they are having so much fun!!! I love your diorama with all of those tiny details. Thanks for sharing where you found the all the party food and drinks. And I love your Tartan collection. Your guys look really fashion forward in them. You did a fantastic job on all the rest of those clothes as well. Can't wait to see what 2015 brings to the House of Billa!!! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know April, two posts in a day are a bit too much, but I've been planning these for a while! Dawn makes such beautiful miniatures, she's really an artist, check her etsy shop just for the fun of it, a lot of great stuff! As soon as I recover from these "labors" I'll post some pictures of the evening dresses and I'll finish the Tartan collection. Carlo's outfit need to be completed (he needs a short Mcintosh) and I have two more outfits to sew.....but in a few days you'll know everything about our projects, I have a few for the girls too!
      too bad sometimes work gets in the way of doll playing (I always have time for Sasha, don't worry....LOL)
      Thank you for your kind advice and support!
      Kisses Billa

      Delete
  7. Hello from Spain: I love the tartan fabric. Very trendy. A big party. Nice pictures. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta, I love tartan fabric too! the party was if fact not big enough: a lot of girls had to be excluded (not enough room for all of them). Cecilia has been fumbling in the closet for a week, since she knew she shouldn't be invided!
      Kisses Billa

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year dear!!!
    http://laviecestchic.blogspot.it
    facebook.com/laviecestchic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures convey a fun party indeed! I like the mix of different styles, just like people tend to do in a real party. There is something about tartan slacks for both men and women that I really like, and you turned them out beautifully. The Thin Man movies are one of my favorite movie series, so you hit another sweet spot for me. Seeing the inspirations for the fashions will be fun. As much as I like Myrna Loy, though, my favorite '30s actress is probably Claudette Colbert. She originally planned to be a fashion designer, and she was renowned for her style. Perhaps she could inspire you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Troy, I didn't have much time, so the quality of the pictures is not so good, but I tried at least to take care of framing and placing the dolls. I tried to convey the idea of them moving around. If you love tartan you shall see quite a bit of them in the future, the Tartan craze collection is on its way (well I fear it will tame me a couple of months to complete the whole thing). I'm so relieved, I thought I was the last Thin Man movie fan on the face of the world! LOL
      again, I'll be working on some Nick&Nora themed posts. I like Claudette Colbert a lot, too! She was beautiful and versatile, she could be the femme fatale or the screwball leading lady, a wonderful actress! I didn't know she wanted to be a fashion designer, but I've already started to check the net for some inspiration. Possibly the 30's shall be my main source for female fashions this year!
      Kissesb

      Delete
  10. Hello! Nice blog and beautiful dolls :D

    I wish U great moments in the New Year >^.^<
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anna! I wish You a great 2015 too!
      Kisses Billa

      Delete