12.05.2014

African Tales: Pulling off a Veruschka

In my continuing search for new inspirarion for my urban safari collection, which someday I'm going to sew, I met this wonderful picture by Franco Rubartelli.


OMG this is exactly the Dolly Forever Dress!!!!

As you imagine all the girls wanted to try to pull off  this one, expecially Odette and Cecilia lobbied very hard. But as soon as I saw Veruschka I knew that only Edda had the right attitude (and hairdo).
So I patiently managed to get my hands on High Visibility Agnes hat, and Fashion Explorer Vanessa Boots, Bag and glasses......



It took a while to find these accessories at a reasonable price!
Then I tried on Edda the Dolly Forever dress (it fits!....somehow) and now I only had to try my hand on the photosession.
This is the first ensemble I put together without sewing a single stitch....


I din't have a gun so she's playing with her new bag.....


Nicola is modeling one of the Urban Safari Male Fashions
They look pretty gorgeous together. Maybe they will meet Odette and Carlo somewhere in Africa!

14 comments:

  1. This is great! She is very Veruschka!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Smaller Places, I've fallen in love with Rubartelli's work!

      Delete
  2. Billa, this is exactly the same! It's great that you were able to find all the right accessories! Nicola is looking very handsome too in his suit, and they do look amazing together :-). Wonderful job! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Night Owl, I hope I'll be sometime able to get the rich b/w feeling of some of these classic fashion pictures, I'm working on it! I still have to learn a lot about lighting.
      Kisses Billa

      Delete
  3. Pero que bonita, yo deseo comprarme una Poppy, espero pueda algun dia.
    Saludos.
    Gracias por visitar mi blog.
    Estamos en contacto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thank you. I hope you'll find soon the Poppy you like!
      Your blog is beautiful!
      Kisses Billa

      Delete
  4. Well they surely are a drop dead gorgeous couple in their safari wear. Edda is very Veruscka, perhaps a bit better! (Sadly Veruschka hasn't aged very well.) But did you know that the garment in this beautiful Rubartelli photograph was designed by none other than Yves Saint Laurent!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April. You know, there's one thing about plastic, it yellows but it doesn't age.
      Thanks a lot for the info, I didn't know who designed the dress! Now I know why it was so outstanding!
      Kisses Billa

      Delete
  5. You've already captured that wonderful black and white feeling. That b&w picture is easily one of the best I've seen. It's like she is there, and there is a lovely balance of shade and highlights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Troy, I'm flattered!!!! But I feel I can do better if I'll learn to use lights!

      Delete
  6. Wow, they both look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Muff, I think they are a nice couple....but Nicola likes too many of the girls around here!

      Delete
  7. Hello from Spain: fabulous pics. They are a lovely couple. They are wearing great outfits .. We keep in touch

    ReplyDelete