10.09.2015

The Redhead Connection presents: Strolling in Venice

This post has been long overdue, but there's a reason for this. When I planned it I was sure I could use some pictures of Venice we took some ten years ago, unfortunately after desperate searces in the pc and backups we found out we've lost them!




This was pretty bad, so it took me a while before I made up my mind to prepare this post anyway with stock pictures from internet.
As I was free to pick and choose the kind of images of Venice I wanted to use, I decided to show you a slightly diffrent side of Venice. No San Marco Square, no Lido, but little canals, calle and corti (coorts).

Venice is wonderful, one of its wonders is that you have to walk or take ferries to move around the town. Or a Gondola.

I finally managed to start working on a Poppy Parker's wardrobe, so Berenice is very happy to star in a post after quite a while! Furthermore she's here with Giacomo.

Calle de le colonete
Maybe you remember, or maybe not,  they are the "pretty couple" around here. They are just so neat looking!


Corte della Comare
I have to work more on Poppy's dresses proportions, the dress is acceptable but it doesn't fit as I hoped 


Giacomo is wearing mostly an IT outfit, I only made his jeans (these jeans are a favourite over here, I have to sew more of them!)

ca' Barnaba
Calle dei Botteri
The purpose of the  Redhead Connection is  to showcase my beautiful redheaded dolls, so here is our wonderful auburn haired couple: Vittorio and Emilia.

Calle dei Botteri
Vittorio has a new pair of glasses and, with a colourful tank t-shirt and jeans jacket, looks a bit less stuck-up.

Corte dei Preti
Since Margherita found her husband and children, Vittorio needed a girlfriend as gorgeous as he is! Emilia is his perfect match.

Murano - Rio dei Vetrai
Corte Sconta
Emilia is wearing one of Odette's floral dresses, it is a bit short but it really befits her!

Ponte del Megio
Of course as soon as the photosession was over he took Emilia on an extensive tour of Venice's historical Palaces and museums....


I must learn to photograph them always in natural light: they look awesome!

Our medieval trip to Venice is over, the girls loved it!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Billa, sorry to read your photos were lost! But you did choose awesome pictures. The couples look great, as do the outfits. The colour of Berenice's dress is really flattering on her, she looks lovely in this powdery blue! Emilia is so beautiful in Odette's dress, and her hair is amazing! Love the guys too, two very handsome dolls! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it wasn't pleasant to find out about the photos, but they were just pictures you know. Berenice needed a new dress badly and she also deserves a nice wardrobe of her own, it's just hard to figure out the right style for her, she's so sophisticated!
      I'm glad you enjoyed the post, I love to create these little photomontages!

      Delete
  2. Hola, me gustan mucho tus fotos. Poppy es mi favorita. Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thank you! Poppy's got a very definite personality!

      Delete
  3. Fantabulous Billa!! The couple is gorgeous...the scenery is phenomenal and I enjoyed the vacay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenova, I can't take any credit for the scenery as Venice is the most perfect background I'm happy you liked the post!

      Delete
  4. Shame your photos were lost, but you did provide nice ones ;-) Thanks for sharing.

    Vittorio and Emilia make a lovely couple. Giacomo wears the jeans nicely. You did an excellent job making the jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One has to make the best out of these kind of "accidents" LOL
      Giacomo's jeans were super fast and super easy.....they're just made in two pieces!
      I like making super complicated pieces of clothing but sometimes fast and easy is so relaxing! I'm happy to see you back, hope you fixed your internet problems!

      Delete
  5. Wow Billa--- your photos are amazing! I LOVE your couples. Each one is so adorable. You have such a wonderful collection of gorgeous dolls now and you portray each one's personality though well chosen clothes and accessories. Visually, it's such a pleasure to look at your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April, thank you so much. tTat's exactly what I'm trying to do. As I'm not that good at writing stories, I try to tell something about these dolls and their personality through pictures and clothes!
      I used to write a lot, but lately I think that visuals are better. I can put a lot in them but the people looking also can project their own thoughts and sensibilities in them.
      Sometimes I'm really intrigued by the commenst and the thoughts these pictures can evoke!

      Delete
  6. Hi Billa,
    What a stunning collection of redheads you have. Each couple is more beautiful than the next, although I think I like Bernice and Berenice and Giacomo the most. They really are "the pretty couple" and look so sweet and "wholesome." I especially love the photo of them in front of the canal. I really REALLY hope I can visit Venice one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farrah, I like redheaded dolls a lot, and after I fixed Giacomo I think him and Berenice are the perfect wholesome couple! I really enjoyed picking the right look and background for them!

      Delete
  7. You know I am a huge fan of red heads. It was really nice to see your Poppy Parker. She and her beau are adorable. You selected awesome pictures from Venice. I was totally sucked in and would love to be there in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa, I was about to give up about making this post, then I remembered you was so thrilled when I announced the "editorial line" for 2015 and I thought "I can't let down Vanessa, I have to make this one, whatever the cost!!!" LOL
      I wanted to show some less known sides of Venice, the little calle and canals and the hidden squares, I'm happy you liked it!

      Delete
  8. It's too bad you lost your photos!

    You've done a good job making your male dolls look less cranky and broody here. I mean, sometimes that look is stylish, but who wants to tour Venice with somebody who is perpetually unhappy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb, thank you! Well the secret was not to use action figures for this one but a couple of sweet guys from FR. FR Hommes seldom have a frown and have this sort of "mona lisa" attitude so it's just a matter of situation, location and lighting and you can change their mood!!!

      Delete
  9. Loved the pics and editions! They seem to travel a lot! I really adore IT dolls! Specially Dynamite Girls, that are more colored and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you Lady LoLo, the dolls love to travel!
      I only have a few Dynamite Girls, but they are a great line!

      Delete
  10. Hello from Spain: I love your pics. Venice is a great place. Fabulous dolls and outfits. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooohhh, your pictures look great! When I want my dolls to be abroad, I use my TV screen as a background, but that doesn't allow to take full body pictures. I should try to "photoshop" them into a background, when I have more free time.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm glad you liked them, I agree with you photomontages are time consuming, but I think it's the thing I do better....

      Delete