5.29.2015

Summer Hiatus

Summer is here, and since the beginning of June we are going to devote all of our spare time to our favourite sport: sunbathing at the beach!
Summertime is not a great season for sewing and until the end of september I'm going to post only once or twice a month.
In the meantime I'm going to recharge the batteries,  and work out some crafting problems before starting to work around the persian room (I have not abandoned the project!)
I checked the "editorial line 2015":  I've  been   able, almost,  to keep the pace I wanted and I played a lot with my dolls. I fear some of the projects won't be feasible in the near future but I'm sure I'm going to come up with some new ideas. I always have a lot of ideas a so little time to realize them.

In particular I haven't been able to keep my promise about the Thin Man themed posts, in fact I sew only one Myrna Loy outfit for Ofelia, and I have to prepare TONS of these!


Furthermore I have (again!) space problems. I have to find a way to put the hearth room on permanent display,  find a place for the persian room, find an arrangement for the kitchen and last but not least a place for the new vespa sidecar pictured below!



To do so I fear I'll have to reorganize my study (wich is filled with memorabilia from my travels, tons of books, records and dvds!) but  I want to do so with the minum amount of effort. This is going to be  a  real challenge! Or the display rooms will remain all packed up as they are......

Yes ,  I'm in a lazy mood. But it's summertime, you know.

In these next few months I'm going to introduce you to the new girls (and a boy) I recently added to my crew, and an Etro inspired girl's collection I've been preparing during may.

New girls and boys preview:

                 



Hopefully, within September, IT will also release (and deliver!) these two beauties:


Released last week!
                            


Now you can see I really need some rest, and my finances need a lot of rest too!!!

15 comments:

  1. Enjoy the beach! Returned refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what? It's raining right now! LOL, I won't be put down by this.....Today I'm going to the beautician

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Summer was here yesterday....LOL
      I had planned to prepare my bathing hut today......there's plenty of time (hopefully)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great plan to take a summer hiatus...blogging can be so time-consuming! Since I mainly blog at night after the kids are asleep, I am so behind on all of my TV shows, lol. I hope you enjoy your break and find new creative energy (and space!). Your new dolls look beautiful and so do the newer releases as well.
    That vespa is AWESOME.....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the need for some new ideas, last year I did the same and when I came back I had a great deal of creative energy. Keeping the blogging schedule while working, house keeping and snuggling Sasha needs a quite a bit of organization!
      The new girls and boy are already here, and I was so happy when I found the vespa!
      It's going to star with the boys in the upcoming Urban Cowboy collection! you see, I can't resist planning new photosessions....

      Delete
  4. Hola. Que bohitas son tus mu~necas. Felicidades. Espero ver un post nuevo tuyo con tus nuevas compras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thank you. You're going to see plenty of them!

      Delete
  5. Hi. Beautiful dolls. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your lovely new dolls. Hope you are having a great time. I'll look forward to your return to blogging ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana, I'm preparing all the things to set up the bathing hut, bathing season starts on monday!
      I'll never really leave blogging, just going to take it really easy for a couple of months!

      Delete
  7. September?! September?! That seems like a lifetime away. Enjoy your summer. We will miss you, but we look forward to your pending posts. That Vespa is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa, it is a long time but it is really too hot to stay in the house sewing, I'll keep posting, simple and sporadic things
      I have plans for that Vespa!
      Kisses Billa

      Delete
  8. Sorry for the delay in responding. (Trying to get the girls ready for the trip home, but they don't want to leave!!!) I certainly understand the need to refresh the batteries!!! And I'm sure we'll all make do with one or two posts a month though we'll all be quite anxious to see the new faces in the house. A what beautiful bunch of dolls!!! In the meantime, I showed a friend the picture you posted of the Vespa and we both drooled all over the computer screen!!! Great big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can understand your girls, it must be very hard leaving Paris in springtime!
      I will be keeping up with my blog reading, but I sometimes feel the need to concentrate on other things, sunbathing is one thing for instance, but also my work, late spring is the time when business gets tough!
      I'm so happy with that Vespa! I also wanted a Harley for Carlo but couldn't find one for the price I had in mind, but I can settle with this one and hope to have time soon to enjoy it (let's say it clearly: to play with it!)
      Big Kisses
      Billa

      Delete