1.24.2014

Mr. Nice Guy

When I first started collecting fashion dolls (mm barbies) I was briefly attracted by the idea to add a Ken now and then.  I checked the various collections and dropped the whole idea.  I always had a problem with Ken's hairs (and silly grin) in fact I always thought he was a bit of a dull guy.

when I was a little girl he looked like just this....

Then my attention focused on FR and I went on an absolute binge of vanessas, natalias, veroniques, monograms, ect. I believe this was quite evident on these last few months.
In the last couple of weeks I read with extreme interest fds (http://fashiondollstylist.blogspot.it/2014/01/kens-eyeview-fall-14-european-menswear.htmlhttp://fashiondollstylist.blogspot.it/2014/01/kens-eye-view-mens-fashion-week-fall-14.html) articles and suggestions for new male dolls fashions but just out of curiosity.
I also read some theads on the wclub forum about the new homme body to be introduced this year. I was mildly interested but really didn't pay much attention.
In fact I never really gave a thought about FR hommes. Until this morning.
I saw a pic of Lukas Style Strategy and i thought: it's  "mini him"!!!!!


I thought about it 5 minutes and I decided to add him to the collection.
I also ordered a couple of shoes as he will arrive home as stark naked as Adam.
I hope I will be able to sew him some fine fashions!!
His new name shall be Carlo, anyway I'm not  planning to start collecting hommes. But he was really needed for dioramas and some fun photomontages. And he is gorgeous!!!
A sneak preview of Mr. Nice Guy in person, according to e-bay listing

How many girls did you say?

32?!?!?....OMG

He will be home in about 30 days, so I'll have to be soooo patient. Then I'll have to learn to sew some Homme fashions!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky, lucky you...your new guy is really handsome. Haven't been able to afford the "guy" of my dreams yet. But have a great time making clothes for him. It's not nearly as hard as it looks. Men have really become fashion animals!!!!! I look forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi FDS, Thank you, he's really handsome indeed and hope he will surprise me in person as integrity dolls often do! I'll do my best to sew him some nice fashions, shure it will be a thrill. I already have some ideas and can't wait to have him here to get started. It will take time but you'll see the results whatever they will be, just for the fun of it!!!

    ReplyDelete