2.19.2016

The Norma Desmonds: The new wardrobe




Filippo: You did a great job Giovanna, this idea of using old Edith Head models for Tecla's wardrobe was a stroke of genius
Giovanna: Thank you Filippo, I hope she likes them. The hardest part was adding the leopard accents to each of them. That was boring!


Filippo: You know, the leopard accent is her trademark. The used to own one in the old days. Oh yes, Virginia, the fitting is good, nice job.


Virginia: Oooh, thank you Mr. Filippo!


Giovanna: I won't come with you, I think Virginia shall present the models to her. Because of Enrico, you know.
................


Filippo: Madame Tecla? Your wardrobe is ready, if you wish you can come to the atelier and have a look at the models.
Tecla: Well Filippo, I don't really feel like coming to the atelier. You can bring everything up at my mansion so I shall see it at my convenience.
Filippo: Naturally Madame, how silly of me. We will be there in the afternoon.
Tecla: Very good, Filippo.
.................


Tecla: Max! The wardrobe is ready, finally. They will be here today.
Max: I'll supervise the defille, Madame. Everything as you wish.

..................


Filippo: Madame, let me introduce you to Virginia. She's our designer. She will introduce you each piece of the collection she designed for you.
Virginia: Good afternoon Madame, the clothes shall be modeled by our  models: Greta, Veronica, Vittoria and Camilla
Tecla: They are a bit fat, aren't they? It doesn't matter, let's go ahead. I've been waiting for this collection long enough.

Virginia: As you indicated, I designed dresses in marroon and black, with cheetaa accents.  Each dress has been named after the defining moments of your carreer. The first dress is called "how to divorce a millionaire"





Tecla: I like this one.

Virginia: Thank you Madame. The second dress is called: Untamed




Tecla: Excellent!

Virginia: And this  one is "Indiscreet"





Tecla: I like the coat, the line of the dress is interesting, too.
Virginia: Something classic and something new, Madam. As you requested. And now the Dressing Gown. "Beyond Breakfast"





Tecla: Perfect. Filippo you outdid yourself.
Filippo: Thank you Madame. You're very generous

...............

Filippo and Virginia are going to give the good news to a nervous Giovanna, their ordeal is over (for the time being!)

I'm curious about which is your favourite dress, I'm willing to make some more late 40's early 50's dresses, those Edith Head sketches are beautiful and Costanza wants a wardrobe of her own too!

25 comments:

  1. You have outdone yourself with this artistry! I felt as though I actually was apart of the story. The wardrobe is stunning! My favs are Indiscreet and Untaimed however I love them all. Kudos!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenova, it was very funny to find the right wardrobe for Tecla!

      Delete
  2. These are superb, Billa! I like them all, but I love Indiscreet. My second favorite is How to Divorce a Millionaire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say I love Untamed. All of them are fab, though.

      Delete
    2. The secret behind Indiscreet and Untamed is the fabric: wool gabardine! Unfortunately I didn't have any in brown, so the fitting on How to Divorce a Millionaire is not as good!

      Delete
  3. How can I pick just one? They are all beautiful. I think I will vote for Indiscreet.

    Also, can I tell you I do not like that snooty Tecla? She is just too demanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can Jaye! Tecla is that kind of character, like Cruella De Ville, you can shrug her off with a laugh or you can hate her!
      Only Max loves her, and it's more than enough!

      Delete
  4. Wow, Billa. What a clever way to present a collection!!! I very much enjoyed this post (especially as a diehard fashion person)! All of the models are beautiful. So I asked myself, if I could afford only one, which would it be? "Indiscreet" would be my first choice for its classy sobriety, followed by "Beyond Breakfast" for its playfulness. (I also like how the lining matches the pants.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April, actually the whole Tecla story began in order to present this collection. I hope the rest of the story will be as good!
      Indiscreet is almost a perfect reproduction of an Edith Head design. I loved the clean lines. Beyond Breakfast is a hodgepodge of fashions from the 30's and 40's, playful is the perfect word to describe my mood when I designed it!

      Delete
  5. Hola, qué hermosa colección. Quisiera tener tantos muñecos como tú, quiero ahorrar para una Poppy. Felicidades por tu diorama, es muy realista.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I have to count my dolls, I added so many guys last year I completely lost control! What I know is that I don't have any more space: this is official!

      Delete
  6. Fantastic outfits! I love the posing and all of the dolls that are modeling each dress as well. Great job, Billa! Thanks for sharing your lovely works of art in such a creative way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farrah, I can't always make good posts as I wish, but I keep trying! Glad you liked the dresses

      Delete
  7. I like Untamed the best, but the narrow lines of the 40s are really not my thing. I prefer the over-the-top frou-frou of the early 1900s. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another vote for Untamed! I love the lines of the early 20's too, but they are too difficult to recreate in scale, I only made one flapper dress and a Madame Gres dress from the era.
      I was watching an old BBC miniseries about Edward VII last night and I had this insane idea to make at least one Edwardian fashion....I don't know if it will ever materialize!
      Soon enough I'm going to present the 30's collection.

      Delete
  8. Hi Billa, I'm organizing a small doll group for a cause.. Would you be kind enough to email me at ateliernishasha at gmail dot com? I would love you to be in that group. Please let me know.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your settings are very good and I like the details that you use. The fashion designs are fantastic and your dolls very elleganta lot of glamour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "They are a bit fat, aren't they?" Such a delightful throw of shade, lol.

    I would have to go with How to Divorce a Millionaire. It's understated but chic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from Spain: your fashion designs are gorgeous. I really like your dolls. Fabulous pics. keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just discovered your blog and I might just be one of your frequent readers!

    gogoalleycats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent post.I want to thank you essay paper
    for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. 

    ReplyDelete
  14. WouaHh ! I like it ! I like all your fashions. You have so much ideas ! Thank you to share with us !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Billa, I was wondering if everything is okay, it's been such a long time since you posted :-). I miss your beautiful posts, a big hug from Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I'm fine but things are messy, I hope I'll be able to get a grip on my life and start posting again!
      Thanks for asking, a big kiss

      Delete