9.26.2014

Reorganizing!!!

It looks like reorganizing is everybody's priority around the doll's collector community lately.....

And finally I decided myself and went to Ikea. I've been planning a reorganization of my collection for a while. and now here it is: my new Detolf showcase!


Ligthting is awful, but it gives you the general idea.....

that's me in the corner

It was not the easiest thing to do, but we managed to put it together, and the girls now have a lot (well at least enough) space:







This reorganization left me with my other showcase empty, and this is another thing a was looking forward for: now I have the place for a few dioramas!

I've been scavenging e-bay and etsy for months, and planned four different rooms

the Traveller's library, this was the only room I was able to do with the furniture I already had:




For the Norma Desmond's Lounge I bought on E-Bay:



This lovely side table from MiniPlacesStudio:



and a beautiful old phone from MiniPastisserie


For The sunny living room I ordered this great set from Miniio



Last but not least, for The Kitchen/dining

Table and chairs from miniCHAIR


and this fully accessorized kitchen table from bedsbystar


I'll have to complete the dioramas with some rugs and perhaps some more little piece. As for now I'm pretty satisfied and can't wait to receive all these items and to start to set up the dioramas.

See you soon!
Billa

12 comments:

  1. Wow Billa, you have an impressive collection! It's great to see all the dolls together and beautifully displayed. I love the furniture and living room you ordered, and the cute telephone. The library is awesome, as are the boys! Thanks so much for sharing your collection :-). xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Night Owl, the Girls and Boys needed a dignified place to stay, before they all were crammed in a cabinet....poor things.....
      I'm thrilled with the diorama accessories....

      Delete
  2. What wonderful progress you've made with your reorganization! This is something that I really REALLY need to do! Your dolls look so beautiful displayed that way. I can't wait to see more of your dioramas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me ages to decide myself, but I'm very satisfied. The hard thing was the one I didn't show: to organize and store all the dresses and accessories in boxes along with the fabric and sewing things.....it was a huge undertaking!
      can't wait to try my hand at dioramas too!

      Delete
  3. Isn't that Ikea display unit great? I have one. I bought a light to install in the top. Of course, 6 years later and that still hasn't happened. Love all your new dio items. Looking forward to seeing the finished rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! Detolf is a doll collector dream come true! I know with the light it would be super extra cool, but it was enough for me to put toghether the whole thing without it!
      My rooms shall never come close to yours, but your blog is a great source of inspiration!

      Delete
  4. That cabinet looks terrific! I might need to buy it when I finally reorganize my room. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Troy! glad to be helpful, this cabinet is perfect for displaying fashion dolls, just the right height between the shelves!

      Delete
  5. Hello from Spain: great organization. I really like the shelf. Fabulous dolls. You have a great bike. Fabulous furniture. I love your phone. Great purchase. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta, the blue vespa is one of my worthy possessions....my nephew tried to swap it with an old barbie pink scooter he inerhited from some relative but NO WAY!
      I know, I feel a bit like Cruella DeVille doing so, but could't stand the pink scooter, even as a kid....LOL

      Delete
  6. Hi Billa--I was away for the weekend and just discovering your newest post. You have a REALLY nice collection of dolls there. I love your shelves. My girls are all over the house...bohemians that they are!!! They move here there and everywhere they can find a space. Love the scooter, and I am totally jealous of the furniture. They are all so well made, they look real. I've seen things on eBay, but haven't brought myself to invest in them yet. Can't wait to see those dioramas. Big kisses..April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April, I know I'm a bit cruel with these girls but what I fear most is dust, I still have some awful memories of my barbie's hair as a kid.....LOL, they all looked as Madame Mim after a while!!!
      I don't have much space so I kept my furniture and diorama craze under strict control, I can afford just four rooms, but I'm pretty happy with what I bought, there are some incredible artists on Etsy!
      Kisses Billa

      Delete