9.18.2014

Carlotta's Birthay Gift - Ludovica leaves the house

You know, everything started with my niece Carlotta and her love for Barbies, I tried my hand in order to let her have some original fashions to play with and here I am after two years, completely caught with this passion.
The 10th of September was Carlotta's birthday, and this time she asked me a complete wedding dress!
Well I couldn't resist the challenge so worked hard at patterns and came up with this line, which in fact is inspired to my sister's wedding dress (Carlotta's Mom).
This is the pattern I found  for the empire gown:


I never dreamed to try a wedding dress (probably because I'm not your wedding kind of person) but I'm really happy with the result:





I also decided to give Carlotta one of my dolls, so here is a closeup of Ludovica, who has left the house (and she's goingo to have a lot of fun!!!)



The only piece I didn't make are the flower which I bought from scarydollperson shop on etsy!



Of course Odette couldn't resist and had to try the dress on!





Well Carlo doesn't seem to appreciate it .....

"not a bit"

10 comments:

  1. The wedding dress is very pretty. Just loving Carlo's reaction to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phyllis. Odette tried to play a dirty trick on him, luckily he's a sport, he didn't took it too hard.

      Delete
  2. Your niece must be very happy with her new doll in this beautiful wedding dress. The voile goes perfect with it too. Great job! The close-up of Odette is lovely. Carlo looks frightened, I hope he's not too upset! :-D Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Night Owl, Carlotta was very happy, now I fear to receive orders from all her friends....LOL
      Odette managed to cool him down, she's a bit of a "prakster" and he knows it....they'll leave for Oman soon....

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: Happy birthday to your niece Carlotta. Awesome dress for the bride. Great decor. Odette is very pretty and elegant. Your sew very well. Great work. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta! I always appreciate your nice comments expecially for the decor, you're an expert at it!
      Kisses
      Billa

      Delete
  4. Your wedding dress is so elegant, Billa. It's much nicer than most of the wedding dresses I've seen in America where everyone tries to be a vamp! The bouquet is wonderful. That's a really nice find. Carlotta is really lucky to receive such a beautiful gift! You must think an awful lot of her.
    On the other hand, I don't blame Odette for trying it on. She is ravishing in it. It might worth getting married just to have her own dress! Ha, ha, ha...I know Carlos is not in agreement with me.
    I must tell you...my eye also went to the Art Deco lamp in the background!! My my, we do have the same taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much April, I like simple and elegant wedding dresses, and empire silhouette epitomize elegance IMHO. There are a lot of great artists on Etsy, I found everything I can't do there. You see Carlotta is my goddaughter and also the only girl among my nieces (I have 4 nieces) so I enjoy doting on her!
      Odette cannot resist trying on any dress I make, and this drives the other girls around here simply crazy! On the other hand maybe I'm going to sew another wedding dress, but not soon, I've got a lot of projects lurking around, and I want to finish them first.
      In fact I'm planning a marriage photosession, and I'm already working at cocktail dresses and tuxedos.....Carlo is suspecting nothing and he's happily preparing himself for their trip to Oman. But is just for fun.
      The Deco lamp is one of my tresured possessions, I love everything Deco!!! and like mixing pieces, in the background there are burmese laquers, persian wodden boxes....
      Kisses Billa

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful wedding gown. Love the fabrics and the contrast between the buttery-looking satiny skirt and the crocheted looking bodice. Your niece is very lucky!

    Poor Carlos, lol. He looks like he wants to venture every and any where BUT the [wedding] chapel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana, thanks for your kind comment, in fact the gown is a piquet fabric (and the buttery colour is due to the light) on such a scale it has indeed a satiny look.
      I fear Carlo is planning some sort of revenge on Odette for this.....LOL

      Delete