8.22.2014

Kenzo for Mafalda

I was looking for some "new" ideas and Kenzo came to my mind, so I've checked the collections from the last couple of years, andI found this great jumpsuit from Kenzo's 2013 spring collection (in fact I found several ideas that I'm going to pick from that collection).


I thought it was perfect for Agnese, who has been waiting for her magic moment for a long time now, but after sewing the dress (Odette is usually my mannequin) I tried to put it on Agnese and I made a very unpleasant surprise: no handspeak system on her!!! I checked on the web and found out this system was not yet in use when IT released London By Night Ayumi. I like her the same but it was a huge disappointment. So I tried the jump suit of the FR2 girls, and it fitted, then on Margherita (FR Tall body) and it looked ok.
But I was not pleased with how it looked with her huge bust, so I finally settled for Mafalda.
So she was off to the Riviera for this photosession. I picked Nice this time, and let me tell you, the colours of the Mediterraneum are really a threat!


Speaking of the Promenade des Anglais, pictured above, can you believe it inspired this picture to Edvard Munch?!?!?! Yes, Edvard Munch AKA "Mr The Scream" (actually he painted the scream two years after this on)! I saw this at an impressionist exposition a couple of years ago and I was flabbergasted:


Well, believe me, this is what the Riviera can do to you too!!

But, let's get back to Mafalda.


I'm very much into Urban Safari or Jungle themes lately, so you can be assured that more of these are to come! I used a Liberty Cotton fabric with a floral pattern, not very jungle but it's fitting enough, shoes are by Paul Zangby. I also made a matching shoulder purse.


The colours of Nice's old town are a perfect backdrop to present this fashion.



It's started raining, so Mafalda has got to go and take cover.....

See you soon!
Billa


8 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: beautiful pictures. Fabulous dress. I really like the fabric. A pity it starts raining. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta, unfortunately, this has been an extremely rainy summer.....

      Delete
  2. Odette must be so jealous ;-), it's a great outfit & purse! Lovely pictures from Nice too. PS thanks for asking about my move, it didn't happen (yet) unfortunately, no buyers for my old place :-/. Munch's painting is beautiful, Nice still has the same chic vibe as it had then, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Odette is very jealous, but I managed to calm her down.After all she's the travelling dolly but she can't be everywhere around this blog, :-D
      Sorry about your move, but you'll see things happen when their time is due!!!
      Not only Nice, all around the "riviera" you can find several wonderful places! I love the colours, which are the same of the Munch's painting....even the sky has got a sort of light pink quality which is so incredible...

      Delete
  3. You're right, Kenzo is a great source for ideas. You did such a great job with this jumpsuit, especially in the choice of fabric. It really looks like a miniature of the original garment!!! As usual, luv, luv the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much April, this is the second outfit I picked from Kenzo's collections, and I like his stile a lot!

      Delete
  4. Love the outfit
    Gladiator Sandals: http://goo.gl/wY08CW
    Dress in Black: http://goo.gl/4ZbFHF
    Pants: http://goo.gl/dNJSv7
    Shirt in multi-color: http://goo.gl/o6h2T4
    Sandals in Gold: http://goo.gl/OpFM3N
    Jumpsuit: http://goo.gl/x4jcj1
    Can we follow each other? Sandy Sandhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, thank you for your nice comment, sure we can follow each other!
      Billa

      Delete